Saturday 28 April 2012

PROVISIONAL IS NOT FINAL AND GENERAL IS NOT SPECIFIC

Dear friends,
In our routine practice, sometimes right diagnosis of a disease itself can be a better achievement for us than giving the actual treatment. Because we tend to treat patients with provisional diagnosis and end up giving general treatment where the condition actually needs specific treatment (or strangely no treatment at all).
Today I want to discuss one such case which might be useful to all of us but the treatment part may be discussed at the end of this case study as we were in a wrong track while treating this case because we took it very lightly and went on to give general treatment for a specific disease which is to the best of my knowledge has not been discussed anywhere in our literature.
(Don't worry friends...our own Manish Bhai and Paresh Bhai will definitely come up with the exact reference...but as far as my knowledge is concerned, I don't know the Ayurvedic reference)
I think 4 back years one male patient who was in his mid fifties came to me ( prakriti-vaata kapha, Nadi-vaata) with the c/o. Loose motions (Atisaar?) and occasional gastro-intestinal bleeding (Raktatisaar? ) I don’t exactly remember now, what I gave him at that time, but he was alright after taking medicines within one week......


http://ayurvedaconsultants.com/caseshow.aspx?ivalue=engoogle3273

No comments:

Post a Comment