Sunday 25 March 2012

UNUSUAL APPROACH TO AN USUAL PRESENTATION-FOLLOW ME… AT YOUR OWN RISK

Dear friends
I want to tell about an usual presentation we all see in patients with gut problems in our routine practice...I would like to share one case of ulcerative colitis which is referred to me by my close friend and junior Dr Sriram ayyagari The patient is also from Andhra and working for central govt….age 40/Male…is suffering from ULCERATIVE COLITIS (motions more than 12 in a day)….and taken some allopathic medicines …known to you all..and couldn’t get relief so he shifted to ayurveda…I too gave panchmrit parpati,bilwaadi leh,chitrakaadi vati…advised him to take lot of takra etc…I think this is the usual treatment we all generally give at OPD level…..
He came after I month and said ‘I couldn’t get any relief with your medicines….so I planned vasti…which was also not found useful to him….(may be I’m a shalya chikitak basically)…and he was losing faith in ayurveda also…I have an experience of treating more than 100 patients at BHU (as it was the thesis topic of my friend Dr suresh Prasad verma-mirja pur) with an encouraging results…
I was also very much worried about that patient… (izzat ka sawaal hai…bhai.Because he was sent by my dear friend So once again read the ayurvedic part (grahani and raktaatisaar) and allopathic part of the disease once again…And I came to one conclusion…And once again called the patient..And said”the treatment I want to give …is very absurd and..Ethically wrong…but I have no choice..Do you wanna check this out? Because I’m doing it for the first time….He thought “yeh doctor toh! mereko guinea pig banaake chakkar mein hai”..But he has no option… He said with low voice “sir,treatment ke baad main zinda toh rahoonga na?” I said “I hope so” .......

http://ayurvedaconsultants.com/caseshow.aspx?ivalue=engoogle2267 

No comments:

Post a Comment